By using this website (“Site”) you signify that you have read and assent to the following Terms and Conditions of Use. Alan Manevitz, M.D reserves the right to update and modify these Terms and Conditions of Use. By continuing to use Alan Manevitz, M.D. website means that you accept those changes. Do not use this site if you do not agree with all the terms and conditions.
This site does not provide medical advice
The content of the Alan Manevitz, MD site, including text, graphics, images, information, and other material (“Content”) contained on the site, are intended for informational and educational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because something you have read on this website.
No Physician-Patient Relationship
Communication with the physician through this website does not establish physician-patient relationship.
All materials on this site including but not limited to all text, images, software, other content contained herein, and the compilation and arrangement thereof, is owned exclusively by us and/or our suppliers or licensors and is protected by United States and foreign copyright law, trademark and other laws. All trademark appearing on this Site are the property of their respective owners. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice. Violation of these terms and conditions will result in the immediate and automatic termination of your permission to use the Content. You are also obligated to immediately destroy any copies of any portion of the Content.
Use of Site; Restrictions; Liabilities
You are using this site and its Content at your own risk. Since the information is transmitted over a medium outside the control and jurisdiction of Alan Manevitz, M.D. Accordingly, Alan Manevitz, M.D. assumes no liability for or resulting or relation from delays, failures, interruptions, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with the use of the Alan Manevitz, M.D. site.
The Site and the Content are provided on an “as is” basis. Alan Manevitz, M.D. and its licensors, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of third-party rights, and fitness for a particular purpose. Specifically, Alan Manevitz, M.D. makes no representations or warranties about the following:
1. The accuracy, reliability, completeness, currentness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of a site.
2. The satisfaction of government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products with regard to the Content contained on the Alan Manevitz, M.D. site.
In no event shall Alan Manevitz, M.D., its licensors, or any third party(ies) mentioned on the Site be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, and damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the site or the Content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether or not Alan Manevitz, M.D. is advised of the possibility of such damages. Alan Manevitz, M.D. is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by the use or misuse of the site. Content or public areas must be brought within one year of the date of the occurrence of the event giving rise to such action. Remedies under these Terms and Conditions are exclusive and are limited to those expressly provided for in these Terms and Conditions.
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that infringes or violates any rights of any party. You agree that any such submission is nonconfidential for all purposes. If you make such submission, you are warranting that the owner of such content has expressly granted Alan Manevitz, M.D. a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide nonexclusive right to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or Content in any media or medium, or any form or format now known or hereafter developed.
Alan Manevitz, M.D. Discussion Forums (“Public Areas”)
If you use a Public Area, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and reliance upon and communications found in the Public Areas. Alan Manevitz, M.D. is not responsible for the consequences of any communication in the Public Areas.
In consideration of being allowed to use the Public Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these terms and conditions:
1. Using the Public Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international law;
2. Posting material that infringes upon the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy and publicity rights of others;
3. Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by
4. Alan Manevitz, M.D. in its sole discretion;
5. Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
6. After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed;
7. Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
8. Impersonating another person;
9. Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
10. Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
11. Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
12. Posting the same note more than once or “spamming”; or
13. Engaging in any other contact that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Areas or the site, or which in the judgment of Alan Manevitz, M.D., 14. exposes Alan Manevitz, M.D. or any of its sponsors or guests to any liability or detriment of any type.
Alan Manevitz, M.D. reserves the right but is not obligated to do any or all of the following:
1. Investigate the allegation that a communication does not conform to the terms of this Agreement;
2. Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, disruptive, and otherwise fail to conform with these terms and conditions;
3. Terminating user's access to the public area or the Alan Manevitz, M.D. site entirely upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions;
4. Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas; or
5. Edit or delete any communication posted on the Alan Manevitz, M.D. site, regardless of whether or not such communication violates the standards.
Alan Manevitz, M.D. reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests or the public. HC has no liability or responsibility to users of the Alan Manevitz, M.D. site or any person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
Links to Third Party Sites
Alan Manevitz, M.D. does not endorse the content of any third-party website. Alan Manevitz, M.D. is not responsible for the content of links, third-party sites, sites framed within the Alan Manevitz, M.D. site or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy, and does not control, evaluate, endorse or guarantee content found in such sites. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk.
Alan Manevitz, M.D. is a private psychiatric practice based in New York, NY, USA. Alan Manevitz, M.D. makes no claims that the Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Alan Manevitz, M.D. site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and you are solely responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. All of the provisions of this agreement survive the expiration or termination of the Terms and Conditions for any reason whatsoever.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Alan Manevitz, M.D. or in any way relating to your use of the Alan Manevitz, M.D. site, resides in the Courts of the State of New York, and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the Courts of the State of New York in connection with any dispute including any claim involving Alan Manevitz, M.D. or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers, and content providers.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to principles of conflict of laws. If any provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.